Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Pic of the Day: October 18, 2006


In A Good Place Now
Ink and colored pencils ACEO

It was a good day today... I got the letter I was waiting for from Artworks! Gallery in New Bedford, MA. Nervously I opened the envelope and read the first word - "Congratulations!" - that was all I needed to read before doing the giddy, happy dance! My work was accepted for their juried Holiday art show, and this was something I was really hoping for. Here's more information for anyone wishing to visit the exhibit.

Artworks! Holiday Exhibition and Sale

November 4th - Off the Wall Gala Benefit and Live Auction

November 9th - AHA! and Opening Reception


(More information about AHA! below - text came from their website, www.ahanewbedford.org)

AHA! (Art, History & Architecture) is New Bedford's free Downtown Gallery Night program. AHA! started in July of 1999 and is now in its fifth year. Held on the second Thursday of each month from 5:00 - 9:00 PM, AHA! is more than just a gallery night program since our events are put on by a collaborative team of more that 15 New Bedford museums, galleries, arts organizations, merchants, restaurants and the National Historical Park. In additional to offering monthly free arts and culture nights, AHA! is devoted to arts and culture advocacy and is working to make New Bedford the best it can be and continue to revival of our downtown.

December 14th - AHA!

December 30th - Exhibition Closes.

For more information about the gallery, please visit their site, www.artworksforyou.org/

1 comment:

andrea said...

Hi Jessica -- thanks for visiting one of my blogs and welcome to blogging! Seeing where you live, I suggest you visit both Anonnyrie and Art Esprit (blog links on my main blog). I took a quick look at your website -- great stuff! -- and was wondering about Agora Gallery. They approached me today about listing my website, which I will, but have you been to the actual bricks-and-mortar gallery? I'm wondering if I should take a closer look at them.