Friday, February 23, 2007

It's A Beautiful Morning

I've enjoyed my morning, basking in the bright sun that is bouncing off of the fresh coat of pure white snow outside. I had to put my boots on and go out to take some pictures. This is my backyard. The out of control forsythia is in the foreground. That is one mammoth bush, untamed in years. There's a joke in there somewhere but I'm going to leave it be. haha

So. Today is Friday. It's the weekend. I'm high fiving all of you nine to fivers that got through another week, cheers! Now that I'm self employed, I don't technically have any days off. I take time as I need it for family or home affairs, but nothing is set in stone as far as a schedule. Every job I've ever had before this was in retail or service, so I haven't really had a weekend=party time mentality since college. My husband has a bizarre night schedule, so our "weekends" end up being Sunday and Monday. Most Friday nights I stay in, but tonight I am going out to see my friend's band.

It feels like such a looonnnngggg time since I've "gone out". Hibernation station has something to do with it... my friends can expect to see me again come first thaw every year. haha Oh it's only too true... But tonight I'm going to go support my friends, have some fun, and maybe even bust a move or two. I'm tempted to go to goodwill to look for something *new* and sassy to wear. I'm happily married, but hey, it's been a while since I shined up this old shoe.

Oh man, 'ron a roll over here... I am in a silly mood, don't mind me. It must have something to do with the incredible night I had last night. All I can say is artists stick with Etsy, and if you're not on there already SET UP SHOP! www.etsy.com - nights like last night don't happen often, but when they do, it's fabulous!

Well, enough rambling from me. Time to get back to painting.

Have a safe and fun weekend, everyone. :)

No comments: