Sunday, October 07, 2007

Drum Roll, Please....


....the new studio has arrived!! Here it is in our backyard. I'll of course be sharing more pictures soon, but I couldn't wait to share my excitement with everyone. The second day of having it, I slept out in the screened in porch area with Leo (our yellow lab). It's still so warm here in New England. Last year it was a really warm fall/winter, too. As much as we've been having beautiful days, there's still that feeling of "it shouldn't be this warm in October". But I digress...

It's everything I've wanted and more. I can sleep outdoors whenever I want, protected from the elements but surrounded by them at the same time. Leo wasn't happy about it, but he was such a good boy. He paced and couldn't really sleep, being my protector, but he didn't go crazy barking or scratching at the screen (thank goodness - puppy Leo would have destroyed that room in forty five minutes). We live in a small, country town, but there's always that risk. I'm not scared when I have my 110 pound, all muscle doggie best friend and body guard by my side.

That screened in area is just going to have a collapsible, big table and chairs, that can be moved aside for "camping" (the airbed) where we will eat family meals, share evenings with friends and during the day, I can sit and paint watercolors, or do crafts at the table by myself or with my mom, the kids, or anybody.

Now the main attraction (even though I'm so pumped about our "nature room"), is the main studio. The enclosed section will be where I work year round, and right now we're looking into how to best insulate the building before we get an electrician out to connect it to the house. Right now I don't need heat, but winter will be coming soon enough (let's hope) so I've got to make the most of these nice autumn days while they are here....

So, with that, I'm going to go out and play and maybe take some pictures too. :)

Happy painting everyone.

-----

Oh and by the way, I'll be moving out of my Indian Orchard studio at the end of November, which means I'll be there to catch one last show. This year's winter show is the weekend of November 11th. I will make a bigger announcement when I have more details very soon.

6 comments:

Paula Manning-Lewis said...

So cool! I'm jealous! But seriously, congrats on the killer new studio!

:)

Cynthia said...

Congrats on the super cute new studio! So exciting...

Anonymous said...

This is so wonderful... I want one too... Enjoy it to the fullest...

Martha Marshall said...

This is just so fabulous, Jessica! An enchanted place.

Anonymous said...

Ohhh how exciting! It looks wonderful Jess!!! I'm so happy for you! *HUGS*

carla said...

That is so, so cool! Is this a pre-fabricated building? It looks wonderful! I work out of a very small studio/office, and if I want to work on anything large, it's a real engineering problem. I would love to have a space like that... and in such a lovely setting! The photos above of you in your new space look great, too... Enjoy!