Friday, February 01, 2008

365 Sketch - Day 3


365 Sketch - Day 3, originally uploaded by livefunky.

I joined a group on flickr called 365 Sketch. As you can imagine it entails doing a new sketch every day of a full year. I've been tempted for a while to try and do the "daily painting" thing, but at the same time I resist because I don't want to push it when I'm not in the mood. This is perfect because if I'm having a down day, at least it's SOMETHING - something to keep my mind/spirit connected to my hand and to the stream of creativity you can easily cast yourself on the shores of.

So far I'm at day 3, and I've included a sketch on lined paper, an Illustrator altered drawing, and now this sketch on a torn piece of a paper bag. I like how other people in the group are showing pictures directly from their sketch books. I'm thinking I may start doing that too.

1 comment:

Marissa L. Swinghammer said...

Hah! I knew I recognized the material as I have been sketching on paper bags too!

Anything I can get my hands on. Great for collage if they turn out!

I'm glad that you are enjoying the group and feeling inspired. I know I am.