Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Handmade Ornaments

The crafty bug has hit me and I've been making these felt ornaments with hand embroidered and beaded embellishments. After several test ornaments, I have two new ones that I think are up to par to list on Etsy. If these sell, I'll be thrilled, but it's not why I'm making them. It's just, quite simply, fun! I feel connected to the kid in me that used to cross stitch and make friendship bracelets with embroidery floss. I also feel connected to my Grandmother, because the patterns I am coming up with really remind me of the Hungarian folk art patterns that moved me as a young child. You can find my ornaments in my Etsy shop at www.livefunky.etsy.com.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jess!!!
Wonderful ornament!!! The crafty bug hits me every now and then as well. :) Your so kewl! I have given you an award, it's on my blog.
Love you Jess!!
*HUGS*
Angela

HomeGrownLife said...

These ornaments are beautiful. Keep embroidering and crafting Jess. I love these and the history you have brought into them as well!