Thursday, November 20, 2008

New paintings on recycled paper

Stacked Up - Acrylic on recycled handmade paper

I purchased this wonderful handmade paper by http://www.ClaudiasCreations.etsy.com. It has a great thickness that can absorb a lot of paint and becomes a bit pliable when it's wet, behaving more like canvas. I love the texture and I'm eager to keep experimenting with it.

I've been out of commission this week because I've had a terrible cold. The good news is I feel like the worst has passed and I'm on my way to being all better. I had the best dream about painting last night - I am so ready to get back to work! Well, today I didn't feel like my head was going to explode so I listed these paintings I made last week and relisted some prints in my Etsy shop. I decided to give them another go after my brief hiatus. They may not sell as well as my originals (which is FINE with me!) but I might as well include them as an option for buyers.

Hope everyone has a great weekend! Happy and healthy!

2 comments:

Mary said...

Jessica, lovely abstracts since I visited last. I promise to visit more often now.:)

Anonymous said...

Nice work of art on the paper congratulation.