Thursday, March 05, 2009

Floral Series


Floral 2 - Acrylic on paper - Available at www.livefunky.etsy.com






Floral 1 - Acrylic on paper - Available at http://www.livefunky.etsy.com/

As Spring approaches, my heart skips a beat thinking of my garden coming alive again. The first daffodils and hyacinth (oh how I love the color and smell of hyacinth!). Then the tall and mighty irises blast up in full bloom and the bare rose bushes have promising buds. Blink your eyes and the whole gang is there, alive with color and thriving under the sun. I love flowers and through the years I have painted them in various approaches of style. Around 2001 I got into a good groove painting flowers in an abstract, bold poppy way. I'd like to get into a new groove with my beloved flowers, so I started this series.

4 comments:

Patrice said...

Another stunner, Jessica.

Spring will certainly take the hint!

Kendra Zvonik said...

Beautiful, Jessica!!
Spring is invigorating and these new pieces are just wonderful! Keep up the great work!

Meghan Henley said...

Spring FEVER! I am going to get busy! Thanks for the inspiration once again, Jess.

Jennifer Hayes Hugon said...

These are so much fun! I am feeling the spring fever too.