Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Spring Has Sprung!

Spring Has Sprung - Acrylic on 8" x 8" canvas panel.
Available at http://www.livefunky.etsy.com/

Happy April first, fools! No, no, I kid, hopefully no one got pranked too badly today. It's overcast here, getting ready for some April showers, but the gray colors outside are nowhere to be found on my palette today. Plants and gardening are on my mind and I'm ready for some digging in the dirt. It's been a productive week so far for me and my husband. I've been full blast painting and he is getting into a good groove writing. He discovered a nook in our town library that is the perfect, peaceful environment to work, so that's where he is right now. We are both so much happier and healthier when we are working. We've also had a lot of great conversations about process - the particular settings and state of mind, etc. that we both have are different for painting and for writing and it's helped me more deeply understand our individual paths to really flourish doing what we love. As he sticks to a productive routine, it inspires me to keep going, keep pushing, there's always art to be made.

I cannot express how much of a turn around I'm feeling within knowing the winter is behind us. When those first bulbs poke out of the earth something clicks inside me that says - this is it, no turning back now. HELLO SPRING, I'VE MISSED YOU! love, me.


1 comment:

Kendra Zvonik said...

That's wonderful news, Jessica! I love that little painting- feels like spring! even though I live in the land of perpetual summer now, I remember what it feels like when spring finally arrives after a long dark winter! I want to see what you've planted!
Also, I know how it is to live with a creative man. So much better when we are both working too!! xoxo