Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Catching Up


garden shop in the berkshires, originally uploaded by livefunky.

I had a wonderful weekend that all came together rather impulsively, which is usually when the best adventures happen. My mother and I drove up to the Berkshires in Mass, an area that's only about an hour and forty five minute drive from where I live, but I have only been there once before years ago. It was such a delight exploring the towns of Lenox, Lee, Great Barrington - all so charming with lush green mountains surrounding every beautiful view. Even though there are tons of galleries and shops in each town, we focused more on the natural spaces visiting the Audobon sanctuary for a nice walk and soaking up the bird calls and fluttering things. We stopped by the botanical gardens and then went to this garden shop that was like heaven. We each walked away with a few plants for our gardens and just walking around all of the beautiful flowers and plants was rejuvinating. We came across many lovely people up there and had some great meals and conversation. On Memorial Day, my family went to Bigelow Hollow which is a state park with a large, beautiful lake that is great for swimming. So today I am still feeling refreshed and happy from my mini vacation and I'm looking forward to taking this energy into the studio. And on that note... off I go!

3 comments:

Maria-Thérèse ~ www.afiori.com said...

Sounds like a great mini vacation!!! WOW what a beautiful garden. All pink!

Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing this!

Now I feel all refreshed, too. Well, probably not as much as if I had been there. :)

I.

Kendra Zvonik said...

Gorgeous photo of the garden shop! I would love to go there!
I blogged about the mod flower eco badges today- drop by if you get a chance :)
xo
kz