Saturday, July 11, 2009

New stamp set! - no wait....


Aw... I was so excited to announce my first stamp set but it came to light that I need a new glue. It's always painful for me to do it, but I have to beat on my test subjects. No matter how high my expectations for that little creation may be, I know I need to put it through a battery of tests before it's ready to sell to the public. I've been using a super glue pen to adhere the stamp to the glass base. It's a generic brand but plenty powerful nonetheless (I've actually been quite terrified of it because it sets in less than 30 seconds). The glue works great on lots of surfaces but I think the oils on the glass and rubber surfaces, no matter how clean I get them, are causing the problem. It seems like it's set firmly, but with some pulling at the stamp, it cracks and peels at the edges without too much muscle. Looking for some glue suggestions in the Etsy forums, I found a link to this site http://www.thistothat.com/ - plug in the surfaces you want to glue and it gives you an answer! So tomorrow it's back to the hardware store to test out the recommended glue and see if I can get this first set back in action.

Stamp sets coming soon and built to last!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

love love love the stamps!

congratulations, live funky, on 300 sales!!!!!

awesome accomplishment - awesome artist!

xo, e

belinda marshall said...

they look great ~ very pretty designs. thanks for sharing your glue issues :)

HomeGrownLife said...

those stamps are great! i can just picture them being sold as a set and getting lots of good use!

Jennifer Hayes Hugon said...

Oh fantastic! I love these stamps and look forward to seeing them in your shop!

Isn't it fun to play with a new medium?