Saturday, August 08, 2009

Clean Studio - Outside

Yesterday I cleaned out the outside portion of the studio and created two separate work areas. The picture above shows my new framing area. It's a blank slate at this point, but I've got my hardware and tools in the drawers below my work table. I'm thinking I either need to put it up on blocks or add some height on top because it's too low to stand and work comfortably. But it's a start! As well as being my framing area, it will be a generally clean dry space to work on things that need such a work space.

Across from the framing table is this table which will be a wet work area. Here is where I can work on several canvases at once, priming, painting and other messy jobs. This table is a hand me down from my best friend (thanks Em!). The slatted shelving makes for good drying racks.


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous work area! You mean you're going to get paint on that floor?!

Unknown said...

I'll be using a drop cloth but the floor already has a nice speckled layer of paint on it as it is! The good thing is, with some elbow grease I'll be able to get it off when I wash it.

Jennifer Hayes Hugon said...

What a fantastic space to work in! Looking out on all of those trees! That's a dream, to have that space to get messy in ;)

Anonymous said...

Nice work area open to nature and inspiration. That second table is a great gift especially with built in "drying racks".

Rob Reeves said...

I'm so very envious of your workspace. Sure beats a basement. One day.... one day ~8)
It looks gorgeous, Jessica. I'll bet you'll find hours of delight working out there.

Cheers!,

Rob

Martha Marshall said...

What a beautiful space! I know you will do wonderful things there.

I love the new work too!

HomeGrownLife said...

Your outdoor studio looks so great. What a amazing little space you've created for yourself to create and paint!