Friday, September 17, 2010

Autonomous Connections


Autonomous Connections - Acrylic on 24" x 30" on box canvas, 2010

Every painting informs and inspires the next. This piece is an evolution of the circle theme I've been working with, the Connections series, and also something very new as far as color and composition. The way that the individual colors stand on their own and relate to the other color groups remind me of people trying to work together with differing points of view. We're like unified pods of like-minded thought - clinging to others that make sense to us but still always connected to our opposing thought-groups whether we like it or not. Even within the pods, each circle (individual) is unique, and in some cases these individual beings have their identity almost dissolved/covered-over completely by overriding color/persuasion. I could continue on an abstract tangent about this, but let's just let the art speak for itself...

6 comments:

JAVI said...

Good paintings!!

http://pesadillasinoches.blogspot.com/

Kerry Daley said...

I love what you say about every painting inspiring the next one - It is something that I have been exploring in my own work and something that I try and pass on to my students. Thank you for sharing your ideas and paintings.

Melanie Statnick said...

i realy enjoyed reading your take on this. What a great painting you've created. The colours are wonderful

Jon said...

Very pretty paintings!

soraya nulliah said...

Hi Jessica-what a beautiful painting...I love your colors... Yes...I agree with you! I think that every piece we do brings forth, in some way, our next pieces.
I am reading a book I just ordered Jessica that I think you may find helpful...it's about art biz called I'd rather be in my studio. The links are on my post from a few days ago (the soup post-right at the end). She also has an art biz blog that has TONS of very usefull stuff...links in the same post on my blog.
Tara and I are a bit under the weather:( sending you lots of XXX

Unknown said...

Thanks all so very much!